We’re delighted to bring you some exciting news: Fernite of Sheffield Ltd and Kennedy Grinding Ltd. have completed a transaction to merge our operations.
This is a game-changing combination which will give you a supplier with the scale, geographic reach, and capabilities of the leading machine knife manufacturer and service organisation in the UK. Going forward, you will receive even more value from our increased range of products:
- This merger combines the best regrinding service in the UK, with the best ISO9001 registered machine knife manufacturer.
- You will benefit from a friendly, reliable nationwide regrind service to look after your knives and blades.
- As your blades reach the end of their life you will have direct access to an extensive range, from a high-quality UK manufacturer, for the best timely and hassle-free replacements.
- If you have a difficult application where cutting is a process constraint, use our innovative blade development service to extend performance, deliver cost savings, and unlock capacity for your business.
- Tap into our industry-leading technology and R&D team to bring you more innovation in manufacturing technology, products, and systems.
The Fernite of Sheffield corporate brochure shows the wide capability of our combined company, and we hope that there will be many items of interest. As well as the regrind service, we also manufacture a wide range of the highest quality machine knives, guillotine blades, granulator blades, shredder blocks, the Blackfriars range of granulator machines and the BSS Spring Steel Strip distribution company.
We are looking to retain all our staff and grow our company, so from your point of view, it will very much be business as usual, with the exception of where the invoice comes from.
Malcolm Kennedy remains a central part of the business and we at Fernite look forward to getting to know you too.
If you have any immediate questions, then please do contact us and one of our team will be happy to assist.